Monday, May 7, 2007

It was a good day...a G.O.O.D. day indeed!

WARNING: This post might offend, defend, and take you aback once or twice b/c its regarding the most controversial black man today and the most controversial subject EVER...black people!

I have been blessed to be in the presence, in the vicinity, in the CLOSE proximity of The Honorable Minister Louis Farrakhan...insert 4 WOWS!

Yeah, that's how AWESOME he is...I mean yeah I knew The Brother Minister was powerful, but live and in living color is a completely different thing! I mean I was in complete AWE! He is absolutely AMAZING, profound, out-of-this world...there are no words to describe this man, like seriously.

I mean I know how people are confused by him, but that stems from fear...my Brother is indeed the truth, I sincerely believe that and people fear truth, for whatever reason.

My experience on yesterday was one that I will cherish for years to come. For me that was equivalent to hearing Malcolm, Martin, etc. For all you people out there going now it isn't...yeah it is, he is an inspirational, thought-provoking, active black leader, and he deserves much more credit than he is NOT given! The media has just made him into a hate-filled, cult-leading, violence-encouraging leader, which he is really the complete opposite...but I mean he is a black man encouraging black people to unite, protect, and serve for themselves....so surely you wouldn't think the media would portray him in a positive light.

Not to say that Farrakhan is perfect and everything he says I creed as a doctrine to live, NO, but he is the bringing forth the truth no less, and one that blacks should seriously consider adopting...Muslim or not!

Moving on...his lecture...

He spoke on the power of language.
The impact it has on a person, community, race, etc.
He was really focused on the women, b/c he was speaking of the "Don Imus situation", in which he called the Rutgers women's basketball team, some "nappy headed hoes".
The way he broke the language down, was indeed thought-provoking.
The way he made me feel accountable for my actions, my thoughts, my words, was hard but needed.

He talked to the men too, but I feel as though he was directing it to the women, b/c we have become deaf or tolerant of those words. It's become second nature to us, and we are allowing whatever to be said to and about us, b/c we are saying it to ourselves, about ourselves, amongst ourselves.

He also discussed the "n" & "b" words (ones I use quite frequently...as you know I end every post, I say POB...Peace Out Bitches, so I will try to refrain from using that language from this point forward...woo it will be tuff).

Just the way he thinks is so sincere. How he explained that we should not want to call one another bitches b/c that word means a female dog, and if we are calling women that we too are dogs b/c we came from her...hence a son of a bitch. He also noted the movie the Omen, in which the son of the devil, is born into a home of politics, and they attempt to discover who the mother of this seed is, and they find that he comes from a jackal (in the dog family)...wow think about that for a moment...he's saying the devil (our enemy) implanted his seed into a dog and in turn bore a human to take over the world as the devil's son...hence why would we want to be associated in any way w/a dog of any kind?

The hoe/whore thing he explained the whore to be the prostitute. However, she is a business woman, but she sells her body for a certain amount of time in exchange for money or what have you. While a "hoe" is a girl who exposes herself freely, for nothing in return, just for the attention, the negative attention of a man (any man...a man is a man...bottom-line). Which is why, or at least according to Farrakhan, rappers call women hoes. Of course he went into far more details, but those were the things that stuck out in my mind and made sense to me.

He also went into the whole nigger vs. niggA thing, but I mean I knew all that stuff pretty much. However, one thing he siad that I hadn't really thought of was how we as black people went from niggers-->coloreds-->Negroes-->blacks-->African Americans. How we should have just stuck w/black but we allow media and "the enemy" to define us. Also, how ignorant it is to think we could possible take such a degrading term and make it an endearing one, is simply foolish!

Can you say enlightening...yes my brother, yes my sister...the man is THE REAL...and I love it!
However the Muslim experience is a rather unique one...some things I liked some I did NOT, but I was there for the Minister hence I made the best of it, had a marvelous time, and kept it moving!

So in the light of my self-proclaimed Women's Month here on "I'm just a girl...in the world..." I will be reflecting on what it means to be a girl growing into a woman, how I can a be the best woman I can be, and how I can help in the rebuilding of sisterhood (yes there is STILL such a thing).

And thank you Brother Minister for being and you can be & MORE!

We 'preciate it and hopefully we can take it to heart, mind, and life-application!

As I said, I will be trying to refrain from the "b" word...wish me well...thanks!

Good day, good people-->see doing better already ; )

~S. Parks

No comments: