Thursday, June 26, 2008

Summertime Snapping!

So I was just telling the homie Bets, real name Monique, that I needed a serious summer mix cd. Like someone needs to put out a nice mix, freestyle joint to rock out to this summer so I can make it through a little easier! She totally agreed! Then I go over to my homegirl in the blog world, Southern_Lady (http://www.blackgirladventures.blogspot.com/), caught up on the happs in her life & found not only does she have a strong liking for The Dream, as I do, but she too needs a summer jam list. Well she came up w/her own…so I guess I can do the same…she scooped this idea from someone else…so I'm carrying on the idea…

"List seven songs you are into right now. No matter what the genre, whether they have words, or even if they're not any good, but they must be songs you're really enjoying now, shaping your spring summer. Post these instructions in your blog along with your seven songs. Then tag seven other people to see what they're listening to."

Umm in no particular order, I don't think…

  1. 3 Peat, Lil Wayne, The Carter iii: Okay, so ask me how much I like this song…no ask me how much I like this whole freaking album…the shit is SO hard! Like seriously though, I rocks that 3 Peat so tuff in the mornings, baybay! "I'm on it! Oooh I'm on it! I'm SO on it! However you want it…you can get it tonite…& all nite!" ♥S IT!
  2. Green Light, John Legend ft. Andre 3000, Unknown Album: Okay, so this is the new John Legend & I ♥ it, like fa real! I used to be a HUGE JL fan, then he started to blow up & I kinda lost interest (I like to feel like I'm listening to exclusive stuff, I'm kinda weird like that), but his last album was really nice, so I got back on the bandwagon. So if this song is any indication of the new album's music level, I'm ALL IN, ALREADY!
  3. Key to Your ♥, Danity Kane, Welcome to the Dollhouse: I'm SO sincere when I say I am a ridiculous DK fan! Like seriously, I totally fucks w/them bitches! H8 on em if you want, this Dollhouse ish is BANGING!!! I really ♥ the WHOLE album, so it was extremely hard to choose my fave, but I went w/the one I listen to w/o fail when I pop this cd in…I SO ♥ this song, it's very sweet in sound.
  4. Miami, Yo Gotti ft. Rick Ross, Cocaine Musik: Aight, y'all may/may not know I'm a "G." So I rarely drive to anything other than rap music, esp. early in the morning. Gets my mind right…that's prolly why I'm so extra tuff according to some. Anyways, I been on Rick Ross so hard l8ly. That The Boss is like seriously my faves, but this song allows me to kill 2 birds' w/1 stone. An M-town song, b/c I am a Gotti fan + Ricky Ross=YEEEAYUH!!! ROSS-I ♥ when he says that!!!!
  5. Playin' in Her Hair, The Dream, Love/Hate: Actually I haven't been listening to this as much as I was initially, but I think I'm about to start back. I swear The Dream is a guilty pleasure…I feel so bad liking him b/c he is so very whack, but damnit I canNOT stop listening to the effing cd! I ♥ IT! This song especially…it reminds me of this guy I've been talking to, who is always playing in my hair and when he's been drinking he calls me "his nigga," some might find that offensive but I think it's cute…again I'm a slick g…so I like different stuff. Anyways, though this album came out in 2007, it's a good summertime album, very light, fun, & sexy music.
  6. So Fly, Slim ft. Yung Joc, Unknown: First time hearing this song was today & I loved it as soon as I heard my boo, yep Yung Joc! Another guilty pleasure, something about that voice & the way he talks makes me really like him fa real, he could prolly get it! On to the track, I am a HUGE 112 fan, so I figured I'd like this. I mean I can see Slim solo, though I like the group, I'm still feeling the song. Good summertime jam! MeLikey!
  7. Put On, Young Jeezy ft. Kanye West, I am Trap: Okay my 2 fave rappers on the same song, well my 2 faves right now…Jeezy feeds my g side, while Ye feeds my creative fly girl side! Perfect collab! I ♥ IT!!! Though I've been on this song & since they started playing it on the radio I've lapsed in rocking it myself, but it's def a banger, nonetheless!


HAPPY SUMMER '08!!!


~S. Parks


1 comment:

SRJP said...

New fave: Got $-Weezy F.!!!
LOVE LOVE LOVEs it!!!