Sunday, June 1, 2008

The Blog...The Journey...Feng Shui

I don't like "I'm just a girl...in the world..." anymore as my blog title...not sure why...I still love that song...I just kinda think I'm over that title & it doesn't really fit me nor this blog anymore...

Feng Shui...if you aren't familiar...literally means wind-water.
Its an ancient Chinese practice believed to utilize the Laws of both heaven (astronomy) and earth (geography) to help one improve life by receiving positive Chi...Chi rides the wind and scatters, but is retained when encountering water. Many modern enthusiasts claim that feng shui is the practice of arranging objects (such as furniture) to help people achieve their goals. More traditionally, feng shui is important in choosing a place to live and finding a burial site, along with agricultural planning. Proponents claim that feng shui has an effect on health, wealth and personal relationships. ~courtesy of Wikipedia

My thoughts are this I come here to vent, to release, to rebuild, to renew, to refresh...myself. I come to reassure myself of all the goodness in my life...though sometimes that may not come across it is in fact the mission. In this space I am free...free to be me & all that that encompasses...which is a lot more something than nothing. It may not always read positively but in doing these posts I gain positivity w/my thoughts & my words & my feelings. Sometimes I even gain it from my readers, which is often surprising to me & quite inspirational...more so than you could ever imagine.

These are my words in all sincerity.
This is the discovery of my destiny to greatness.
This is my Feng Shui
~S. Parks

Why? Pearls. b/c that's what I'm wearing today...that's what popped into my head when I decided to re-name the blog...that's birthstone of June...the background is current...the symbolism is spiritual...& I like it!
Its fate...disguised as randomness.

3 comments:

Southern_Lady said...

Hey hon! I knew something was different...the title! Love it and the symbolism/meaning behind it. You're a great writer.

SRJP said...

OMGosh!
How much do those simple words "you're a great writer" mean to me?!
Its inexplicable...all I can say is that I thank you beyond measure!
I enjoy your blog as well!
YAY Memphian Writers-WE're AWESOME in spite of...our sucky environment!
LOL!
Have a great summer...I'll be reading about it!

Anonymous said...

I apologise, but, in my opinion, you are mistaken. Write to me in PM, we will communicate.