Friday, November 2, 2007

DeuxDeux+Deux

Sawry for the delay guys.
Its been a crazy last few weeks.
My birthday came quicker than I was expecting...which btw makes me nervous. Life is moving SO fast. I don't even think I wanna be 24 anymore. I was excited @ first but now...not so much. I feel the pressure to be...BE (like Common) better & together...and I have less than a year to get all that done...but I can & will get it done!
Maybe this is a good thing though...I need to push myself...like REALLY.
All the way out there. Handle my bizness. Get my shit together. Stop holding others accountable for my actions. Be responsible. Stop the complaints. Make good decisions. Take charge. Do me! Make ME happy. I'm very fortunate to have seen 24 years in ALl its ups & downs...I wouldn't change anything about it...why? b/c
everything I'm not...made me everything I am.
So what's the plan of action...stop talking and do. Stop trying and do. Stop being scared and just go for it.
DREAM...dream BIG! I saw Diddy tonight on The Big Idea & he said something really great..."close your eyes & dream. Open them & see." Basically close your eyes & visualize yourself doing whatever it is you would like to do...whoever it is you would like to be...having whatever it is you would like to have. Then open them & see what it takes to do. To be. To have. Our destiny is in our hands. I'm learning that.
For every action there is a reaction. So act accordingly.
I just said something real. Go back. Re-read. Ponder.
This is the epitome of what I'm saying..."You can still be who you wish you is. It ain't happened yet & that's what intuition is." ~Ye the Great!

So going to Houston. Ignited something in me. I was overtaken by the enormity. The vast opportunities. I'm like you people don't know how good you have it. This is a GREAT city. The possibilities are endless. I loved it. I had a great time. Now I'm in New Orleans...back to semi-reality...soon I'll be back in Memphis....REAL reality...blah...but I won't allow that to discourage me. I am taking control of the situation.
I VOW to no longer be residing in Memphis prior to my 25th birthday. Happy. Progressing. Living.
I am certain that all this shall come to pass simply b/c...God said so & what he says definitely GOES!
The end!

Here's some footage from my FANTABULOUS birthday...I made a speech but I can't fig out how to get it onto Top so...enjoy the pics...

Celebrating early in Memphis w/the fam.
Time 2 SHOP!!! YAY!
I SO ♥ this chair man!
I'm SO grown UP w/my Henny & cigar!
I'm SO haute, haUTE, HAUTE!!!
So anyways...I had an AWESOME birthday!
Thanks 2 everyone who made it as FAB as I am!

& On that not....I'm blowing...

Remember..."Trying=Failing w/honor" ~James Arthur Ray.
So don't try...DO!

Peace Out Little Grasshoppers!

~Shanette

1 comment:

Southern_Lady said...

Hey girl! Thanks for the comments. Glad you had a great b-day. And yes, Houston is HUGE!