Saturday, June 16, 2007

Let's GET IT!!!

(BTW-I ♥ Jeezy<--he is so my fav!!!)
brought to you in part by the entire Young Jeezy movement, thanks!

Saturdays!

Usually laxed days? Not for me.

I had to work Saturday...for DASK!

I know right...the office? On a Saturday? Yep...steady on the grind!

So anywho...as much as I was dreading the whole idea...I had no idea what or should I say who was in store for me on that day.

Her name. Marixa. Cool name huh?! I thought so too after I figured out how to say it correctly!

Anywho, she caught my eye right off.

She's tall, chic, pretty, seemingly intelligent at first conversation, and proved to be that and more as we chatted.

With a brief look into her life, her story, her goals, her attitude. I was engulfed.

I was excited...and we all know it takes a lot to excite me honey, let's just be honest!

She was quite engaging. She was interesting and interested in ME-not like that...just in general.

Most important. Encouraging. Empowering. Clearly Heaven-sent!

I could literally see her power. No bullshit. Have you ever just been around a powerful black woman, who knows their power and is not afraid of it...well that's her.

She told me about her family-can we say inspired?! She's been through quite an ordeal in her short 29 years of living, one that I'm not sure even I could handle so well. I knew then that this was someone I would remain in contact w/outside of today. I was most inspired by her cousin who is currently writing a book, who has been hesitant about writing it for quite some time...she said I reminded her of her-the cousin. I was like "WOW, that is SO awesome b/c I want to be a writer so bad, but I am sincerely afraid...afraid of not knowing what to say, or what people might say or not say, or that I may say something I should not...just discouraging myself basically." I was so happy for the cousin even though I did not know her. I then started to tell her about my (fabulous) blog and how I use it as practice, well not really as practice but just as a way to feel like my voice is out there, and how most of my friends seem to enjoy it, and how that really takes me by surprise. She was like "WHY?!" I was like simply b/c these are just my thoughts, and to find that someone enjoys reading them, learns from them, or is simply entertained by them is quite astonishing to me. She said I don't give myself enough credit. *ding ding ding* "We have a winner, Bob!" WOW-no I do NOT give myself any credit, EVER! Honestly, I don't think I have done anything to deserve credit, you know. Everything I do I feel as though its my job, and I'm just doing it to make others happy...I have no idea what makes me happy, like what really makes me happy. So that statement really hit home for me. I also told her I'm ususally like the steady, grounded, level-headed person who everyone turns to for advice. While I don't mind at all, I lack the ability to see myself in that same light I hold up for my friends to find their way. She said "I'm not following my own advice." I laughed. I said. "My BFF had recently told me the same exact thing, and I kinda brushed it off at the time, but I was like I'm really tired of motivating myself, by myself."


She reminded me God's always with me and he's all the motivation I need. Simply b/c he wants me to have all that I need, want, dream and more. (Which was reiterated at church on Sunday-btw."If your Father (God) is rich, do you think he wants his children not to have what is his, what is rightfully theirs?! Of course he DOES!") Another friend once told me...I am my own worst enemy at times. So I guess that's true. I can be my hardest critic. I am tuffest on myself. I'm not sure why, though...I think it has something to do w/my dad. I'll try working on that though.

"I see opportunity. I'm an opportunist!"

She also reminded me that I offer a service I need to charge for my services, whatever they are, to whoever is in need (no discrimination). Even if they aren't in need they know someone who is! Know what I want. Go for it! Make it happen. Step out of that box. That comfort zone. That 2-week paycheck! (oooh that's a tuffy!)

Faith+Plans+Hustle+Grind=Success, undeniable SUCCESS!

"LET's GET IT!"

Her last statement...if you can see the invisible, you can do the impossible...something she lives by.

Can I see myself writing that book? Yes. Can I see myself happy? Yes. Can I see myself doing whatever the hell it is I want to do, being happy & successful doing so? YES! YES! HELL to the YES!

I appreciate her. I appreciate God for placing us together at that moment for whatever reason. I was/am encouraged. I only hope I left her w/as great an impression as she did me!

I am excited. I am MOTIVATED! I'm back on THE grind. On my S H I T! No more feeling sawry for myself...that's whack anyways! I have to make it happen there are no other options. (yeah sometimes you have to sya those kinds of things to yourself to get you going. you know.)


"You ain't gotta like a nigga just respect my mind, and this how I'm eating now, so respect my grind."

...and I luv it!

Good day, Good people!

~S. Parks

No comments: