Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Better, Best, & Not so Greats of '08!




I never do these kinds of list, but I felt compelled b/c 2008 was definitely a notable year!

The 'Not So Gr8s', lets leave em in '08:




  • The Recession


  • the Auto-tune phenomenon


  • Sarah Palin-I'm not impressed @ all!


  • 2.8 mill jobs lost


  • J-hud's personal losses


  • not moving to NYC...I'll get there though, don't you worry!


  • the term "h8rs", i think its whack


  • the wars of the world


  • stupid boys & sorry men, ugh! I'll pass!




Let us proceed w/the better/bests lists (in no particular order):





  • Best comeback: Brit Brit Spears


  • Toughest on the Grind: Lil Wayne


  • Best New Artist: Jazmine Sullivan


  • Hautest Celeb: Rihanna hands DOWN


  • Fave Album(s): Beyonce-I Am...Sasha Fierce (The bitch brought it okay, not even being biased, cus y'all know I ♥ her), DK-Dollhouse, Ye-808s & Heartbreak (I'm being biased b/c it wasn't in my top faves, but he my nigga though so that's what that is), Lil Wayne-Carter iii


  • Fave Songs: Young Jeezy feat. Kanye West-I Put On, T.I. feat Rihanna-Live Your Life, MIA-Paper Planes, Estelle-American Boy, Pink-So What


  • Fave Movie(s): Sex & the City, The Dark Knight


  • Fave Shows: Gossip Girls, Project Runway (I became a fan again, best & last season ever!), Fringe, The Hills, Keyshia Cole: The Way It Is (We ♥ you, Frankie! HOLLA!!!)


  • Biggest Come-up: Solange, I like her.


  • Fun Times: My #1s made it to their 1st birthdays!; The Summer w/KarmCharm; Quarter-Century Celebration; Banana memories


  • MORE THAN A CONQUEROR: BARACK OBAMA, WE ARE HISTORY, BABY!!! I just want to say God is an awesome God, indeed...on so many levels I look @ this as a not only a racial victory, an American victory, a world victory even, but most importantly a spiritual win, this was God's plan...just look @ the race & look @ how the win played out, it was more than a win it was a slaying, a slaying of giants who thought they were just that giants, but giants can be slayed too, as they were & they feel hard! I love my God!

  • Woman of the Year: Michelle Obama, its obvious she is the force behind the man, not only is she her own person in her own right, she is within him & he within her & you can see that in all of their interactions or even when they are apart...all this while rearing 2 lovely girls! She's beautiful b/c she's inspiring, she's intelligent & she's HAUTE! I ♥ it!!!

Oh & here's 1 wtf?! of '08 just as a reminder of the state of the world:

  • A man had a baby (w/a 2nd on the way!)..."we living in the last days, baby!" ~My Gram

Whether it was good or bad, it was worth seeing & I thank God for allowing me to see yet another year, but frankly 09 is all the way mine. I've said it, I've claimed it & so it is saith the Lord! CHURCH! TABERNACLE! AMEN!!!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
~S. Parks

No comments: