Sunday, August 26, 2012

Re-introduction for the 1st time

I thought I knew you...I was certain we'd met before. Before now, I thought you were who I thought you were. Were you not really there? I feel like this is our first time meeting. You seem so new to me, so true to me. So clear to me in your presence I'm free. Free to be a me I've never been able to be, before. Before when I thought I knew you I never denied. Yet now that I know you're real I won't face you but I can't run from you. You're everywhere I turn, into a dream...is this one? B/c this is the realest I've felt so it couldn't be...naw I met you. I know it was you, maybe this is a different side of you...I never knew you to be so vivid, so encompassing, so undeniably present. If this is you, then who was that? Oh that was an imposter...well I digress. If only...I'd give in to you, admit to you that I know you're who you say you are...but how I can be sure? Sure that this time it's you...I can't be sure? Surely that wasn't you then, so this must be you now. Otherwise I wouldn't be so in denial.

No comments: