Monday, May 19, 2008

All of a Sudden

I feel like fighting & I'm not even a fighter.

I feel like screaming & I'm not even a screamer.

I feel like running & I'm not even a runner.

I feel like crying & I'm not even a crier.

I feel like sleeping & I'm not even a sleeper.

I feel like fighting & I'm not even a fighter.

I feel like calling & I don't even call…especially not you.

What's that about?

…maybe its b/c the sun is shining & the warmth reminds me of you…

…maybe its b/c I feel uneasy & I think you can make it alright…

…maybe its b/c I…I…I think I miss you (although I still struggle w/the missing concept, not sure I know how)

maybe I just want some attention…from you?

Either way, it's odd that thoughts of you have crept in on a day like today, when I'm feeling the way I do.


~S. Parks

No comments: